Monday, December 5, 2011

Nutcracker DVDs


This is my favorite DVD of the Nutcracker.










This is a puppet version of the Nutcracker. I like the Jim Gamble puppet videos. However, this one is something I put in the category of "If I need a sub..." I would rather show the students the ballet version.







This one is a very interesting version. It's based on the original story by E.T.A. Hoffman, which Tchaikovsky altered for his ballet. It has images from Maurice Sendak's book of the story, which is just a little creepy, in my opinion.





















This is a good DVD - with Wynton Marsalis explaining rhythm to a group of students at Tanglewood. There are two orchestras: a conventional one and a jazz orchestra. They compare versions of The Nutcracker - the Tchaikovsky and Duke Ellington versions.
Share this article

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 TECHNOLOGI INFORMATION • All Rights Reserved
Android Solutions • Operating System Solutions
back to top