Friday, January 27, 2012

High & Low

High and Low sounds are very difficult to teach to students who confuse it with Loud and Soft.

I have found a few things be helpful.

(1) We emulate the sounds of a lion vs. a mouse and the barks of a big dog vs. a small dog. Here are some images I've used.

       

(2) We listen to high and low sounds and move our bodies into high and low positions. This song works well:

Andy Pandy


You could read the folk stories of the Three Billy Goats Gruff or Goldilocks and the Three Bears and figure out which ones have high, middle, and low voices. Try to get visual aids or puppets to help.

I found this song online.

I also like this song.
- Sing "first one" with the high-low melody of the song.
- Students echo.
- Sing "high, low" with the same melody.
- Students echo.

Old King Glory




Game:
- Students sit in circle.

- One student is "it," (let's call him "Johnny") and walks around the circle while students sing.

- Student points to three students as students sing the last phrase: "first one, second one, third come with me."

- That third student (let's call her "Sally") gets up and stands in front of "Johnny." Johnny puts his hands (or one hand is fine) on Sally's shoulders, and Sally becomes the new "it."
- When Sally picks a new person on the words "third come with me," Sally puts her hand(s) on his/her shoulders.
- When one student is left in the circle, that person becomes the new "it." 
--------------------------------------
This is my version of an old chant I got from a McMillan Music series. I move my hands as I tell the story and encourage the students to do it with me.


And another song that has high and low sounds.

The Baker


Hop Up My Froggy



















Share this article

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 TECHNOLOGI INFORMATION • All Rights Reserved
Android Solutions • Operating System Solutions
back to top