Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rhythmic Dictation Sticks

I use popsicle (also called craft) sticks for rhythmic dictation in 1st and 2nd grades. 

I give each student a bundle of sticks with a rubber band around it.

Each student takes the rubber band off (no shooting!) and puts 4 "ta's" in front of him/her on the floor and the rest behind his/her back.

Then I say a rhythm, they echo. I repeat, they echo. Then, they turn their 4 beats into the rhythm I said. If they need to make a "ti-ti," they grab 2 additional sticks from behind their backs. If there is a rest, they use the rubber band to notate it.

It's a cheap and hands-on way to practice rhythms!
Share this article

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 TECHNOLOGI INFORMATION • All Rights Reserved
Android Solutions • Operating System Solutions
back to top